This tour to Central and West Bhutan provides the traveller the opportunity to visit local projects and meet young entrepreneurs. Farm stays and encounters with organic farmers are combined with short hikes. The main cultural highlights are Taktsang (Tigernest), scared temples in Bumthang valley, Membartsho and Punakha Dzong.
This itinerary is part of the specially designed agritourism tours, which are developed by our Swiss partner Tina Roner from Mountain Grassroots GmbH. Tina worked in the agriculture and forestry sectors in rural Bhutan and guides since many years regularly tours to Bhutan.
The agritourism tours explore rural life in Bhutan. The majority of Bhutanese live in rural areas and depend on farming as their main source of livelihood. The agritourism tours offer travellers the opportunity to stay with farming families, visit local manufactories and explore rural villages off the beaten track. Authentic encounters with local residents are combined with short hikes and Bhutan’s main cultural highlights.
From the travel price of our agritourism tours are 5% donated to the Swiss non-for-profit Mountain Grassroots Association for agricultural development projects in Bhutan.
|Tour Name||Bhutan Organic Farmers Tour|
|Duration||14 nights/15 days|
|Off Season Costs||USD: 3,060 per person|
|Peak Season Costs||USD: 3,760 per person|
Note: For groups of less than three, the Royal Government of Bhutan imposes surcharges; surcharges are separated from minimum daily tour prices. You can also visit Tourism Department official website http://www.tourism.gov.bt/plan/minimum-daily-package
This agritourism tour is designed by our Swiss partner Tina Roner from Mountain Grassroots GmbH. For reasons of originality we refrain from detailing our itinerary online. For more information or to book this tour please contact email@example.com
Day 01: Arrive to Paro, drive to Thimphu
Day 02: Hike in Thimphu
Day 03: Sightseeing in Thimphu
Day 04: Flight to Bumthang
Day 05: Hike to Tang valley, visit Membartsho
Day 06: Sightseeing in Tang valley
Day 07: Drive to Trongsa and sightseeing
Day 08: Sightseeing in Trongsa
Day 09: Drive to Phobjikha
Day 10: Sightseeing in Phobjikha
Day 11: Sightseeing in Punakha
Day 12: Hike in Punakha
Day 13: Drive to Paro and sightseeing
Day 14: Visit Taktsang (Tigernest)
Day 15: Departure from Paro
1. A sustainable development fee of $65 per person per night. This sustainable development fee goes towards free education, free healthcare, poverty alleviation, along with the building of infrastructure.
2. 2% Government Tax per Person per Night.
3. All Meals.
4. Daily Mineral Water.
5. English Language Speaking Guide.
6. Comfortable and Luxurious Imported Cars for Internal Transportation with Skilled Driver.
7. Entrance fees for Museums.
8. The Government set package rates is valid for accommodation on twin sharing basis.
9. A minimum of 3 star accommodation in hotels/ guesthouses and overnights in basic farm stays (4 & 5 star may require an additional premium).