This tour takes the traveller to remote and rural villages of Central and Eastern Bhutan. Farm stays and encounters with local manufacturers provide a unique insight into rural life. The main cultural highlights are Taktsang (Tigernest), Punakha Dzong, sacred temples in Bumthang valley, Membartsho and Gom Kora.
This itinerary is part of the specially designed agritourism tours, which are developed by our Swiss partner Tina Roner from Mountain Grassroots GmbH. Tina worked in the agriculture and forestry sectors in rural Bhutan and guides since many years regularly tours to Bhutan.
The agritourism tours explore rural life in Bhutan. The majority of Bhutanese live in rural areas and depend on farming as their main source of livelihood. The Agro-tourism tours offer travelers the opportunity to stay with farming families, visit local manufactures and explore rural villages off the beaten track. Authentic encounters with local residents are combined with short hikes and Bhutan’s main cultural highlights.
From the travel price of our agro-tourism tours are 5% donated to the Swiss non-for-profit Mountain Grassroots Association for agricultural development projects in Bhutan.
|Tour Name||Rural livelihoods Central and East|
|Duration||16 days / 15nights|
|Off Season Costs||USD: 2,950 Per person.|
|Peak Season Costs||USD: 3,700 Per person.|
Note: For groups of less than three, the Royal Government of Bhutan imposes surcharges; surcharges are separated from minimum daily tour prices. You can also visit Tourism Department official website http://www.tourism.gov.bt/plan/minimum-daily-package
This agritourism tour is designed by our Swiss partner Tina Roner from Mountain Grassroots GmbH. For reasons of originality we refrain from detailing our itinerary online. For more information or to book this tour please contact email@example.com
Day 01: Arrive to Paro
Day 02: Drive to Punakha, visit Punakha Dzong
Day 03: Drive to Bumthang
Day 04: Sightseeing in Bumthang
Day 05: Hike to Tang valley, visit Membartsho
Day 06: Sightseeing in Tang valley
Day 07: Drive to Ura
Day 08: Long drive to Mongar
Day 09: Sightseeing in Mongar
Day 10: Drive to Trashiyangtse, visit Gom Kora
Day 11: Hike and sightseeing in Trashiyangtse
Day 12: Sightseeing in Trashigang
Day 13: Flight to Paro
Day 14: Hike and sightseeing in Paro
Day 15: Visit Taktsang (Tigernest)
Day 16: Departure from Paro
1. A sustainable development fee of $65 per person per night. This sustainable development fee goes towards free education, free healthcare, poverty alleviation, along with the building of infrastructure.
2. 2% Government Tax per Person per Night.
3. All Meals.
4. Daily Mineral Water.
5. English Language Speaking Guide.
6. Comfortable and Luxurious Imported Cars for Internal Transportation with Skilled Driver.
7. Entrance fees for Museums.
8. The Government set package rates is valid for accommodation on twin sharing basis.
9. A minimum of 3 star accommodation in hotels/guesthouses and overnights in basic farm-stay (4 & 5 star may require an additional premium).